2011年11月10日木曜日

What is "Malware"?

Are people aware of what 'Malware' is?
I am already assuming even half of the people who are addicted to the internet
are not aware of this dangerous virus, since I was one of them.

I use the internet absolutely every single day and its something that
I cannot live without because I mainly use it to contact people and
communicate through social network. (Facebook, Twitter, etc...)

I've never heard of such a word as 'Malware' before reading the articles on it
although I had a general idea of computer and internet viruses.

Malware is a virus that developed and spread over the years through
internet and computer programs. Malware includes different viruses such as
trojan horses, worms and spyware which I've heard of the most.

Basically Malware developed to become more harmful for computers
over the years and the recent problem in society and malware is that
it is spreading more quickly through social networking.

Researches have found that social networks such as Facebook,
users are easily attacked by malware.

People do not realize that they are in the danger zone of malware
by using application, clicking 'Like' buttons, playing online games,
viewing random advertisements through Facebook.

Researchers discovered the 40% of Facebook users are attacked by Malware.

Spread of malware became easier since now so many people are
familiar with social networking.
Malware can scan the page that people are viewing, which is not a good news
at all because it leads to any personal/private information.

Malware can be used for money purposes such as credit card fraud
or asking users to pay for something that are actually unnecessary.

Articles on Malware suggest that users should be more careful of
what site they are viewing, especially at workplaces, they should decide
what websites employees are allow to view so that they can avoid
accessing pages with Malware.




















My personal thoughts on this spread of Malware through social network...
is that I think it is a very difficult virus to avoid.

Even if people are successful at preventing Malware at workplaces,
people nowadays use computers almost everyday at home, which does not
stop the spread of the virus.

Perhaps it might be best to install anti-virus programs on computers...?
This is one reason I use Macintosh instead of Windows since
I've heard from people that Macintosh prevents viruses better than Windows...

1 件のコメント:

  1. Good blog. I didn't know much about malware until I started reading the articles as well. Luckily it has not been a problem for me. I like to police myself with the sites I go to and if my antivirus tells me to avoid certain cites I usually heed its warning.

    返信削除