2011年11月27日日曜日

Google Translate Fail

Unfortunately this is my last ds106 assignment...

Boo Hoo :( 

and Hooray :) ! at the same time! haha

So for the last assignment, I wanted to have an actual fun with,
and I wanted something that was close to me.

I found a fun assignment under the category of "Web"
called the Google Translate Fail.

I personally use this tool A LOT, very very often since
I am very interested in different languages and use Google Translate
just for fun in my free time. 

I already knew that Google Translate is almost accurate translation but not quite.
I cud tell the wrong grammar or word since I am a bilingual speaker,
it was funny at times because the sentence just did not make sense.

So here is the first example that I've tried.

I typed up "I want to take a bath." in Japanese
(That was what I actually wanted to do at the moment) 

and the translator totally fails.

















"Us to take a bath."

Somehow the translator assumed I wanted to take a bath 
with someone else and totally failed in translation...

As you can see, Google Translate is almost accurate but not quite.
I say it might be better to translate a word, rather than a whole sentence.




This is something just extra, I wanted to have fun with it more.

I realized Google Translate can be successful in one language
but can fail when translated into another language.

Since I speak a little Spanish and this is what my boyfriend
tells me all the time :) I translated it.

"te amo"











Yes, it means "I love you" in English and translation succeeded.

Out of curiosity I tried to translate it to Japanese and clicked on the Japanese button.











Somehow it failed.

Its close, but this sentence in Japanese is an incomplete sentence.
Almost like saying "I love y...."

Google Translate is interesting because I guessed that
it might work better if the two languages are a bit more similar to each other.

I will definitely use this tool for personal use since
I still think its very useful...

I had fun this assignment :) <3

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿